Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lately

Nothing has come to my mind recently all thanks to mid-terms and 30 pages of papers finished and finalized altogether. I think something is knocked loose in my brain during all the typing thinking about subjects so far apart from each other time realm wise. Wasn't it suppose to continue my thirst for knowledge? Or maybe 30 pages may have been too much. Not sure exactly, but that's what my all my classes demanded during midterms, and then some.

But one thing I always had on my mind stuck in the back of my head was... storytelling. How it effects us mentally and as a whole. During my time writing the daunting 30 pages, I've always switched my thinking to something else once I finish a paper. Something other than real history, transitioning onto my favorite story - Halo.

I have always been a avid reader of all the novels, reiterate what I might've missed, what mystery lies ahead for the characters, a forgotten history. The Halo Universe is more or less a unique struggle between races of beings. It's not just brutal warfare between the Covenant race and Humanity. So much detail has been put into this entire story its hard for me to grasp the story most of the time. From the Precursors to the Forerunners, along with the Flood army, I am always intrigued whenever the people at Bungie and 343 Industries pull something new out of their collection.

Such stories as this simply makes my mind flutter away from all the stress, my therapy so to speak during my own struggles to continue my cognitive faculties afloat, my train of thought, my muse, or however you want to say thinking. (lol)

I have also been reading the Qu'ran a lot lately, trying my very best to discipline myself in doing so, hopefully on my way in becoming Muslim. However, I am not ready to fully convert into the religion and its practices since I still have vices I need to let go of. Man is that going to be hard, but on the other hand... it'll be good for me.

And lastly, I thought I bring up some nerdy news relating to the world of video games.

I just recently purchased Borderlands earlier this week. My thoughts? *long pause*.....simply blew my mind away! All the money's worth ($65.00) In fact it's a bargain based on how much content this game has. They say it has over "87 Bazillion Guns" in the game. I believe that ^_^ So far I've collected over 400 weapons, and my collection continues to build. And the Claptrap robot? I still can't get over how amusing that robot is. Expect a blog entry whenever I complete the game.

Other gaming news, Infinity Ward removed Party Chat from Modern Warfare 2. Now I don't quite seem to comprehend this shitty move they did. IW says its to stop "cheating"? Personally I use party chat a lot and speak with my fellow online friendo's, but removing this just for the sake of competitiveness? And also putting in the completely new ability to kill innocent people during the single player campaign? Who the fuck does that?

I can see it now... a douche bag or 12 year old having a blast killing innocent men and woman. Fucking genius move Infinity Ward.

Therefore, I have reconsidered in buying the new Call of Duty. Renting is always an option! haha

What else?

Well, I am into this song at the moment.



And this...



AND this... my all time favorite mind you. I could listen to this song all day!

1 comment:

  1. "a douche bag or 12 year old having a blast killing innocent men and woman."

    my favorite line. in one sense comparing a 12 year old to a douche bag and then in another you would say that they are one in the same interchangeable. lol. and i find it to be true in most cases.

    ReplyDelete